Saturday, January 19, 2013

Food for Thought...

This part of my journey will be an easy one. For the most part, I try to stay away from processed food, very lucky to live in California, and LOVE to garden (seriously, there is nothing like the taste of a tomato straight from the garden!) I do know, however,  I will have to be cautious even when buying produce, we get a lot from Latin America. I guess this year, if I can't buy it, I'll grow it :)

Here's an amazing recipe I made with my garden fresh kale...

http://kitchenconfidante.com/simple-sundays-cranberry-walnut-kale-salad-with-fresh-cranberry-vinaigrette-recipe#.UOykTpTcS6I.gmail


And, for the icing on the cake (made from scratch or course, love to bake) how lucky am I to work for a company that fits right in line with my philosophy? Not sure I would go so far as to quit my job in order to achieve my goal of only buying U.S.A, but proud to be part of a company that sees the benefits of sourcing locally.

Check out the following link if you'd like to learn more...

http://www.hyattfood.com/serving-communities

Bon Appetit! (I think it's o.k. to use foreign terms, right?)

2 comments:

  1. Hey. What's wrong with the latin produce? I guess you didn't like the comment to the last one...Toil'etries', huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Told you, only U.S.A & it is harder than I thought. Had to pass up berries, grapes & zucchini the other day because they were from mexico, chile & uruguay :(

      (& i did reply to your comment...go check it out)

      Delete